Monday, March 28, 2011

Searching ABAP codes for this word

There are some cases wherein we forgot to remember the name of our program that uses a certain line of codes. As a programmer, I used to work in a platform i.e unix that has a capability to search words or phrases in the entire directory of the program repository (COBOL in my case). When I started to work in SAP, the first thing that came up into my mind, is if how I am going to search those codes like what I did when I was still working in cobol/unix platform. Now, you don't have to worry, cause I've found it for you. Please have a take a look at the info below:

You may use the standard program called "RPR_ABAP_SOURCE_SCAN". You can execute this in se38 and provide the necessary inputs for the selection fields. To search for the customized program, you may put "Z*" or "Y*" for a faster result.

Other than searching the program, you can also locate if what class, screens, etc. where a certain data type or table is being used. This is done by clicking the where-used-list.

No comments:

Post a Comment